Browse Hairdressing Shears By Size
What Are The Different Shear Sizes?
- The scissors for hairdressing in salons are short, measuring 5 to 6 inches, while the longer ones can reach up to 8 inches. The size of the scissors is determined by the cutting techniques.
- The smaller scissors are better to work with precision, while longer ones are better for work that requires a lot of power.
- Accurately cutting in an straight line is the most basic aspect quality of the cut it is the reason that the 5-inch & 5.5-inch size is the standard.
- The longer length 6.5" and 7.0" scissor sizes are more popular it tends to be admired due to its greater power and distinct hair characteristics.
- Long scissors make it easier to work with them because the more hair is cut at once and a greater flexibility can be achieved based on the technique used.